Monday, December 7, 2009

Silly Season

It's the silly season and so far I haven't done a lot for it. Traditionally, I get cooking in the first weekend of December and start turning out ginger bread, fruit mince and so on, followed by finding a new place to hide said goodies from Tim. This weekend I made a pathetic stab at soaking fruit in grog. Tim took one look before reaching for some kind of shop bought abomination we had lying around.

The first weekend in December also sees me putting up the Christmas tree. Unfortunately, it took me about twice as long to put up half the decorations on a tree that Tim very kindly assembled for me, before retreating to the garage which suddenly needed an urgent tidy up. Maybe it was the Christmas CD I had on a loop? (Well you can hardly erect a Christmas tree without the appropriate sound track playing, can you?!) The whole exercise resulted in me needing a lie down. (This recovery thing is getting old).

Anyway, I feel that Christmas cooking is on the cards in the next few days. I think I'm just about ready to get into the kitchen again, I mean, for something besides toast. At least most of the beverage purchases have been taken care of and that's important. Nothing says 'Merry Christmas' like bubbles...

3 comments:

Bells said...

my hubby disappears when the christmas cds come too - or rather, the christmas playlist on the ipod. I think it's a tastefully selected list of quality christmas music - no cheesy stuff - but still, he cringes.

in the absence of being able to cook, I say go the bubbles, if you're not on meds that clash with it. Although that could be interesting!

Julia said...

ha ha ha... that's funny. Tim's complained a whole lot less about Christmas this year which is great. I love this time of year. Still haven't started cooking. Maybe tomorrow. Also still off the grog & saving myself for the Christmas party at this stage. I have a nice bottle put aside for my first post-surgery tipple. I think I've earned it. It could definitely get interesting!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what Christmas creations you come up with. K