Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

First, thanks to everyone who made Christmas brilliant this year. It really was something extra special. Huge thanks to my super-hospitable Melbourne friends - Samira, Tamare and Nigel, my beautiful mother, and of course Tim, who out-did himself in the super-thoughtful surprise present category.

Christmas day was brilliant and involved some truly wonderful and very memorable food, none of which we photographed because we were having too much fun (and possibly a little too much champagne as well). As soon as we returned from Melbourne (and I mean within hours) I got sick so as not to be sick when I'm back at work next week because that would be so disappointing. 

Second, congratulations to my friends Jane and Mic who decided to get married over the break. We were two of the four people invited to attend. All the best you two!

Third, Happy New Year!!!!!

I'm sure that like a lot of people, I can't believe that it's already 2009! The last few weeks of 2008 were certainly a little mental and I felt like I bolted to the finish line with work, slightly struggling in the final days. The hair cut from hell that I nipped out to get on my final day of work did not help the situation. Thank God my hair grows quickly. 

But moving on, there's lots of good stuff coming up in the next few weeks. For now I thought I'd share one of Tim and my favourite photos of Christmas food that I made. They're my gingerbread cookies that I make every year as gifts. There's no recipe coming but since Christmas is past, I can't see anyone minding. It's the one recipe of mine that I selfishly keep to myself, year after year. Sorry. 

And now back to 2009. 

No comments: