Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hen's Night Antics

First thing's first: I have photos but to share them may result in me being sued.

More importantly, the hen's night was a blast. Imagine this: around 20 women, dressed up to the nines and looking forward to catching up, eating well and dancing the night away. We did all of that and then some. And no penis paraphernalia in sight. I think one or two were slightly disappointed with that, but oh well. I didn't organise it. My beautiful sisters did and they did a good job. 

Also the Harem Turkish Restaurant in Kingston is great. The food was fresh, tasty and plentiful. We started with a series of flavoursome dips that tasted like they'd just been made. Plenty of fresh Turkish bread was provided and even a pancake/flat bread sort of thing for me who couldn't eat the bread. I think it was made from chick pea flour. This was followed by what I'm told are Turkish lady fingers - flaky pastry with cheese inside and absolutely beautiful, or so I heard, and zucchini balls. Also a sort of a chicken dish in sauce, plenty of rice, salad and kebabs. This was followed by proper Turkish delight and I think baklava. Vegetarian meals were provided for those who asked. The servings were generous and the service was good. I plan to go back asap!

Half way through the meal a belly dancer showed up  to entertain the guests. At this point my mother with her broken foot and godmother with no broken feet decided that they could show the dancer a trick or two. I swear they got more male attention than the pro (possibly not for the right reasons but hey, it was that kind of night). And from that point, there was no going back. 

Thanks everyone who made it such a great night! 

No comments: