Friday, April 3, 2009

Wedding done. Now back to food...

Well, almost!

We literally just got back from our honeymoon where we did exactly nothing for almost a week. It was wonderful. Truly wonderful. I slept for whole nights without waking up. I drank a lot of nice wine. I ate a lot of really beautiful food in stunning coastal surroundings. My freshest memory is last night's dinner which was an entree of poached pear, prosciutto and walnut salad followed by a chilli crab risotto. THE BEST risotto I've had at a restaurant outside of Italy. No kidding. If you're interested, try the Tipsy Fig in Milton, NSW. Gorgeous.

Recipes to follow, including wedding cake. (Still officially on honeymoon!!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!Cake looks great. Did you do it all yourself?

Julia said...

Thanks for that. Mostly. This part of it is a very rich, very groggy fruit cake that I made about 3 months ago and spent most of that time dousing on a weekly basis with brandy. I decided to get a pro to put the white icing on, but I made the hearts and sorted the cake topper - very fitting for me and Tim I thought. I also made a second fruit cake at the same time which I iced myself. This was cut up and bagged for guests to take home.

What you don't see here is around a hundred cupcakes on the tower below that were served on the night. They were a rich vanilla cake, iced with a Cointreau icing and topped with the same hearts. Went down a treat. Recipes coming...

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful wedding! Chris and I felt very privileged to share your special day. I’d especially like to comment on the wedding cake – divine! I’m looking forward to the recipe. We are both fruit cake mad. Chris made our wedding cake and he makes me a fruit cake for my birthday every year. It doesn’t last long… might have something to do with the big slabs we serve up. Anyhoo just wanted to say thank you and I can’t wait to hand over your fruit cake recipe to Chris! Cheers Terri.

Julia said...

HI Terri,
Thanks for that. Really glad you liked it. We had such a nice night but as was predicted by old hands at getting married, we unfortunately didn't get a lot of time to spend with anyone in particular. I hope you'll both come over some time for a meal so we can have a proper catch up. I will pull my finger out and post the fruit cake recipe asap. Tim wants to photograph the cake for me too. Julia p.s. Chris can feel free ANY TIME to encourage Tim to cook!!!