Friday, May 1, 2009

Perfect roses

From time to time I run across non-food related information that I think is worth sharing. This time round, it's information about the florist who did our flowers for the wedding. People keep asking me where I got them. Well, where did I get them? 

Based on recommendations from people I know at the office and otherwise, I tried a few different places to much disappointment with the level of service and cost. I've had too many friends feel disappointed with their bouquet, so I was feeling cautious.

This is where Chellie of CH Floral Designs came into the picture. Chellie was recommended to me by a friend with a super eye for detail, as someone who did beautiful flowers from home at a reasonable cost. With only six weeks to go before the wedding, I was willing to give her a try. 

It went roughly like this: I emailed Chellie with a description and pictures of exactly what I had in mind. She emailed me back promptly, and telephoned for a chat. I was offered an appointment with her. I was feeling pretty confident, and frantically busy, so declined because she seemed to understand exactly what I wanted. She sent me pictures of two slightly different coloured red roses to choose from and bouquets that she'd done of the style I'd requested. We agreed on my bouquet, throw away, button holes for the men and corsages for the mothers and a very reasonable price.  Closer to the day, she phoned to discuss the ribbon on the handle. All good.

On the day, Chellie arrived at my mother's house at the agreed time. I was blown away. The flowers were spectacular. They fulfilled every idea I'd had about them and were what I'd requested down to the last detail. My bouquet lasted so well throughout the night that it didn't look like it had been used. It lasted in a vase for almost two weeks. Tim's button hold dried perfectly over the next few weeks and I will keep it forever. 

1 comment:

reverendbob said...

hello . Your recipes are amazing . I would love to add a food section to my wedding flowers site. Do you do any cakes or wedding ideas. Would love to help you out in this area .Its finally up and running properly . still have to add some pics of flowers and tweak it a bit. I'm glad you loved Chellies flowers. She does an awesome job . You have no idea how stressed she gets making flowers like yours. she is such a perfectionist and does put in many hours. Id love to add links to this site or any others if you have any on my other blogs. I tried some of them and yummy big time. you can contact me at chellie_hyland@chfloraldesigns.com
or the email you spoke to chellie with . regards Peter . Chellies husband. Thanks for the kind words. chellie was so happy to hear that.