Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dishwasher Love

If you've been following this blog for any period of time, you'll know that I started with a kitchen that was, frankly, a dangerous place. I finally cracked it a couple of months ago (after yet another hot plate on the badly installed stove broke and I got an electric shock) and made my demand: a new kitchen or I stop cooking. I got the new kitchen.

You'll also be aware that Tim and I got married earlier this year. A group of wonderful friends gave us a voucher for a dishwasher. I think this came after hearing me complain way too many times about things like Tim getting distracted mid-wash and the lack of rinsing that was taking place.

Finally, with the kitchen purchased and about to be installed, it was time to go out and purchase the dishwasher. Here Tim took control. The pre-purchasing research was phenomenal. Thank goodness for the internet. After several weeks of intensive study, Tim decided on a lovely white Bosch model with simple mechanics, rather than the type with the flash LED display panel. I like it. As you can see from the picture, Tim likes it even more.

Thanks to all our friends for the most wonderful gift. Now that it's been connected, it's even more useful!

3 comments:

Bells said...

one of my favourite things I heard someone say about a dishwasher, which I think of often, is this.

When a comment was made that dishwashers are noisy (a point I don't necessarily agree with) the retort was 'well as long as I'm sitting down with a glass in my hand, the dishwasher can be as noisy as it likes.'

I've only had one for 3 years and I am never, ever going to tire of it.

jools said...

Oh, I totally agree!!! When I say it's changed our lives for the better, I'm not exaggerating!

Anonymous said...

nice work. but oh god julia, we are looking for a new house and one (of the many) criteria is a dishwasher or space for one. i can't wait. it never used to worry me but now with the extra washing up that one baby adds... my poor hands...

cheers terri